Clients are highly suggested to select a licensed caterer who has a current liquor liability certificate from our preferred list. If it is absolutely necessary for a client to choose a caterer not on our preferred list, a $500 fee will apply, and the outside caterer would need to fill out an application for the Kenilworth Club management to review.
What We Provide
- Room setup prior to event; break down and building lock-up after event
- Use of our kitchen, dishwasher and coffee maker
- Ice machine
- China, flatware, glassware (equipment inventory available upon request)
- Coffee pots and filters
- Two 6-burner ovens; 4-pan capacity convection oven
- Limited dumpster space for garbage disposal
- Recycling containers
- Limited garbage cans and liners
- Building lock-up at end of evening
- Wood and fireplace set-up, fire tending
What the Caterer Provides
- Linens (or provided by client through linen company)
- Kitchen accoutrements: towels, rags, knives, spatulas, ice scoops, bar tools, lighters, serving spoons
- Bulk Salt & Pepper – top off our shakers either before or after event
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Sugar & sweetener packets, half & half
- Waitstaff/bartenders equipped with bar tools & lighters
- Garbage cans & liners
- Any rental equipment required to produce the event
What We Expect from a Full-Service Caterer
- A certificate of Liquor Liability Insurance listing the Kenilworth Assembly Hall as an additional insured.
- A Certificate of Insurance listing the Kenilworth Assembly Hall as an additional insured.
- Tour of our kitchen facilities prior to event.
- Detailed discussion of menu and agenda with client prior to event, including pacing of courses, pre-set items on tables, room and buffet set-up, bar service. You are welcome to hold this meeting at our facility.
- Set-up of linens & table settings, and re-arrangement of existing furniture per client needs.
- Provide a plastic protective cover or rug on the floor and counter space behind the bar.
- Adequate staff, including bar, floor, kitchen and dishwashing staff. Discuss bartender/guest ratio with client. Staff should be security-aware: valuables are often left unattended during events at our location. Adequate, responsible staff must be maintained throughout the evening to properly complete the clean-up requirements before leaving the facility, even when an event runs later than the designated time agreed to by the caterer and client.
- Re-set room between wedding ceremony and seated meal, if needed.
- Female staff member to check on Ladies Room during event and report supply shortages to Kenilworth Assembly Hall staff.
- Check all rental equipment for date/client – only use equipment for YOUR event.
- Check all liquor boxes for date/client – only use supply for YOUR event.
- All equipment dishwashed or cleaned and returned to its proper place. If dishes, flatware or glasses must be washed a second time the next day, renter will be charged, or caterer will be removed from the approved list.
- Kitchen cleaned and floor mopped. All leftover food removed.
- All garbage, properly bagged, tied, and removed from kitchen to the dumpsters.
- All recyclables in recyclable containers.
- Payment for any damage to kitchen equipment and/or plumbing.
- Payment for any breakage of glassware/china (within reason).
- Linens bagged and left in storage closet; rental equipment in storage closet, liquor boxed and stored in closet or behind bar.
- Any items guests have left behind turned into house staff, or left on the desk.
- Extra care taken not to inadvertently confiscate that which belongs to the Kenilworth Club!
If there are any glassware rentals to supplement the Kenilworth Assembly Hall inventory, please be sure to carefully separate the glassware at the end of the vent to prevent loss.